Excursion (1): Volcano - Hot springs - Therasia - Oia
The small volcanic island of Nea Kameni can be reached by tours departing from the port area. Further, the archaeological excavations of Akrotiri on the south of Santorini can be visited.
Unfortunately, as in Pompei, virtually all artifacts (and in Akrotiri ALL murals) have been removed from the excavation site, leaving it looking rather bare and removing artifacts from their proper context.
Archaeological finds from the excavations at Akrotiri can be seen in the Archaeological Museum, or Museum of Prehistoric Thira, both located on Santorini.
The National Archaeological Museum in Athens also harbours many artifacts from Santorini.
- Departure time from port : 10:30 a.m.
- Arrival time at port : After sunset
- Boat type: Traditional boat
- Route: Volcano - Hot springs - Therasia - Oia
- Transfer: Included - transfer to pickup point
- Food: Not included
- Price: 35 euro per person